Tuesday, June 8

hernia

Well today at my appointment my guess was confirmed that I have developed a hernia. I believe it happened right before leaving for GA. I had some abdominal pain and then the lump appeared. I was told I need to take it easy and to have constant pressure on the hernia to relieve some of the pain. Right now it is not super painful but more uncomfortable. It really only hurts when the baby kicks/punches/moves around the area of the hernia.
The doctor assured me that as long as I don't over do it and take caution I will need to have the surgery to fix it after the baby is born, 2 months after. If it becomes larger and/or more painful I will need to have it fixed before the baby is born. The choices she gave me were depending on how early the baby would be they could induce labor and then fix it right after birth or while I am pregnant fix it. I pray that I will be able to wait until after the baby to take any surgical measures!

Other than the hernia the baby seems to be growing very well! He/she had a fast heart rate so the doctor says going by the wives tale its a girl...but we will see! The baby also had a big growth spurt in the past couple weeks! My last measurement my uterus was measuring 24weeks (2 weeks behind, normal) and this time my uterus is measuring 33 weeks (1 weeks ahead, normal).

We are getting another ultrasound next week to make sure the hernia isn't effecting the baby (doubt it would but want to be safe) and also even though my medication is safe during pregnancy they want to check on growth.

Well here are my most recent belly pictures!
This is my friend Rachel,who is 19 weeks in the picture and is having a boy, and I 31 weeks and 2 days


Time is going by WAY to fast! I am not ready for this baby to be coming soon!
Curtis and I cuting the top of our wedding cake for our one year anniversary!
31 weeks and 3 days

No comments:

Post a Comment