Friday, April 9

Ob update!

I was lucky enough to be able to change my monthly OB apointment to yesterday instead of next week so that my mom could watch Kaleigh. My mom and Kaleigh spent some time walking around Saint Helena while I went to my apointment.

The doctor apointment went very well! I am gaining some weight (5lb total), which the doctor had been concerned about last visit. I also asked some questions I had been concerned about:

1. Can my high heart rate effect the baby? It didn't with Kaleigh but you never know with this one.

2. Because I was over weight when I got pregnant, how much weight should I gain? The doctor was very surprised I asked and told me I was not over weight but just slightly bigger than average. She told me to gain at least 20lb and try not to go over 25lb.

3. With Kaleigh she was always head down from the point I could feel movement to the time I delievered. This baby is breach and I want to know when I could expect the baby to turn and at what point they are concerned about the baby being breach? She said that turning can happen anytime up to delievery. They are concerned after 35 weeks because the likelyhood of the baby turning after that point is much less likely because of the size of the baby.

The doctor then listened to the baby's heart rate, 145bpm. It was at that point that she asked the sex of the baby. I told her that we do not know the sex of the baby and not findout till the baby is born. She thought that was great and made a note on my chat to NOT talk about the sex of the baby (if they know). She also measured my uterus and I was measuring right at 24 weeks, right on track.

Wednesday next week is the fetal echo! Curtis is taking the time off work so that I WILL be going to the appointment and not having to deal with DUMB people who don't show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment