Well today has been a very eventful day!!
This morning as I was getting Kaleigh ready for school, I go in her room to get her clothes and she shuts the door on me. Not thinking anything of it I get her panties and everything ready to dress her. At this point I try to open the door. SHE HAS LOCKED THE DOOR!! I try and get her to come unlock the door from the outside...she hides.
I am then stuck in her room because we have flipped the handle around so she wouldn't lock herself in her room at night. The door handle is also not one of those that can be picked but an actual lock and key (the people that lived there before rented out the rooms). I don't have the key and I do not have my phone.
I beg and beg Kaleigh to unlock the door...nothing! At this point I know what my only option is...I open Kaleigh's window and break out her screen. I then have to pull her toy chest to the window and go for it. I worry about the drop on the other side (about 3 1/2 feet), but what else do I do. I jump out the window and man does that hurt!!
I am thankful that I had unlocked the back door this morning and go into the house. I am calling for Kaleigh and check all the rooms. I can not find her!! I start to freak out and start looking in all her normal hiding spots...she was hiding under the kitchen table.
It was only 8:30am at this point!!!!!!!!! I am also only wearing tank top and panties
After dropping Kaleigh off at school I headed to my OB appointment!
The dr was running a little late but the excitement really started when he walked in.
I lifted my shirt to hear the heart beat and his smile dropped. He started to feel my belly and said, "I think the baby had flipped." My heart sank because I know at this point of 37 weeks they really don't flip back at this point. He asked if I mind if he does an ultrasound...uh do it. He does the ultrasound and smiles and explains he couldn't find the baby's head because the baby is "engaged" and behind my pelvic bone already. I was soooo happy
He then does the group B swab and checks me. He tells me I am 50% effaced and 1-2cm dilated, WOOT WOOT!! He also makes the comment that I am not going to have a hard time pushing the baby out because I have one of the widest pelvis he has seen. It made me laugh because the dr that delivered Kaleigh told me I am made to birth babies!
Thursday, July 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow! What a morning! I know it was frightening, but it makes for a great read! LOL!
ReplyDelete