So today I had a regular checkup with the OB. This time Kaleigh tagged along and she was very good for a 2 year old.I was a bit annoyed when it took an hour for the doctor to come in but I had no idea how angry I would soon become. Call it hormones or just my personality but I was not a happy camper when I was told I was almost 14 weeks.
I told the doctor very calmly that I am 15 weeks and 1 day. She then said, "no your due date is Aug 15th so you will be 14 weeks in the next couple days."
I did not like the idea of having to wait 10 extra days to find out the sex or be induced if I was late (because the placenta starts to die after 42 weeks, so it would be a risk to my child). I knew for a fact when I had ovulated because Curtis and I had been trying for months and I had learned the signs of ovulation. I also added I found out I was pregnant the day before Thanksgiving and if your date was right I had not even ovulated yet when I got my positive test. I also had to add, being the person I am and showing people their stupidity, according to their records of my visits my first appointment was made when I was 7 weeks and 6 days (according to their ultrasound; there for today I would be 15 weeks and 1 day.
As a result the doctor looked back at her records and agreed that my first visit I had been 7 weeks and 5-6 days, making me due August 5 or 6. She then decided to do an ultrasound to double check. So I am very happy to say I got to see my baby again today! Heartbeat looked great and he/she is starting to look like a real person. He/She has little arms and legs with a huge head, normal! I love getting ultrasounds!
She told me that she was not looking at anything about the baby other than the heart and size to get a due date. I said that was fine and thank you for sorting all this out. I had hoped she would print me off a picture of the baby but she did not, but Kaleigh did get to see her little brother or sister! Now only Curtis is out of the loop :)
We go find out the sex on March 10th and I can not wait!!
Friday, February 12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment