Tuesday, February 9

Physical Theropy

Well a couple weeks ago at the park Kaleigh and I went on a slide and I flew off the end. I landed VERY hard on my tail bone, but luckily Kaleigh was not hurt. The pain was intense and took my breath away. However, I brushed it off and really had no choice but continue on. A couple days later the pain became more intense when sitting, driving, getting up and down, and flexing butt muscles. I knew I had broken my tail bone and nothing could be done about it.

I mentioned it to my OB at my monthly check and she became concerned. I tried to tell her that yes it hurt like HELL but only time would make it better. I told her that I was only mentioning it so she would double check on the baby. I knew the baby had plenty of protection and more than likely hadn't even noticed the fall, but I want to double check anyways. She checked the baby and it sounded great so I was thinking that would be it. Little did I know the midwife decided I need to get checked because she feared it would get in the way when I delivered. So I made the appointment and she insisted that his (the physical therapist) finding be faxed to her ASAP.

Well today was my appointment and what did the therapist say? He can not help me because I am pregnant and there really is nothing to fix the tail bone but time. He was really nice and was very interested in my history...who wouldn't be I am a freaking mystery :)! I will go back a couple months after the baby is born.

As a result I am currently sitting on a doughnut pillow...


Kaleigh testing the pillow

No comments:

Post a Comment