So this morning is the first time in 12 weeks I have woken up without a headache! I can not express the joy I feel to be able to think and DO things again! I felt like the migraines had taken over my life completely! I understand that this maybe a fluke but the only thing that has changed is the acupuncture I had done yesterday and the herb medicine she gave me (yes its safe during pregnancy)!
I can not get over the ability for my pain to be working!! Sounds silly but I truly felt like I could not function before!!
Ok well the acupuncturist...I made the appointment yesterday after getting off the phone with my doctor who is very worried that I am now vomiting during the migraines. She was concerned that because I have not gained any weight and now I am throwing up (which I had ms but I just didn't want to eat). She prescribed me anti nausea medication. I told her I am more worried that something is WRONG with this pregnancy. I said I can not see how this is NORMAL. She told me that no this is not "normal" but it can happen and its something that may get better during the pregnancy or get worse. I told her I could not imagine them getting worse and she told me one patient she had was hospitalized because of migraines.
I explained to her that with NO family in the area that is not an option.
She then told me to try chiropractors or acupuncture! She did say that whomever I go to needs to be knowledgeable about the effects their practices would have on a pregnancy! I knew a chiropractor would not be a possibility because of my stinosis(sp), which is a narrowing of the spinal column. I then asked for a recommendation for an acupuncturist.
I called a couple different acupuncturists to get an appointment for ASAP. The lady I ended up going to is very nice! She got her degree in Chinese natural medicine and then came to the US and got her PHD.
She looked at my tongue, my ears, and took my pulse through both wrists. She told me I would be having a boy and then proceeded with the acupuncture. It was not painful and I felt better right away; however, it came back when I got in the car. She also gave me some natural herbs. She told me I will need to come back again later this week and I will.
I thank the lord for working through the acupuncturist and for natural medicine when modern medicine does not work!!
Wednesday, March 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment