Thursday, March 25

Making the pregnancy real

As the one who is pregnant the realness of the pregnancy happened many months ago. However, I truely beleive last night the pregnancy became real for Curtis.

We were watching TV after Kaleigh had gone to bed and I was laying down with my legs resting in his lap. All the sudden the baby began to kick extremly hard. I rested my hand on my tummy and I felt the kick. This early in the pregnancy with Kaleigh I still couldn't feel her kick from the outside (21 weeks).
I then placed Curtis' hand in the same spot and the baby kicked again. Curtis' face was like a light bulb turning on!It was as if at that point Curtis was connected to the baby and understood we would have a new baby soon. He kept trying to get the baby to do it again and it kicked a couple more times but Curtis couldn't feel it.

With Kaleigh's pregnancy the light bulb moment didn't happen till the day I delivered her. I think this time it was earlier because he knows what is coming this time!

A very special moment I will treasure forever...as will Curtis!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! How sweet! I know what you mean! Logan kept me up many nights kicking and such but until I delivered, it really didn't hit me! I am so excited to have a moment like you just described! Knowing what will come! Oh, and we are trying cloth diapers! Scarry, but we are excited about saving money! Hope your migraines are better!

    ReplyDelete