Thursday, March 18

Cooking day today

My mother-in-law reminded me that right now is an important time to start building up meals in the freezer! This way as I get further in the pregnancy and not wanting to cook we have meals I can just thaw and eat. Also when the new baby gets here and I am way too tired to cook or just don't have time I will still have good meals to pullout of the freezer and eat.

Luckly we have a BIG chest freezer

When Curtis' mom was here for Kaliegh's Birthday she cooked up about 8 meals for freezing! She also left me a really cool cook book that is all meals that are good freezing food!

So today as I am feeling pretty good and in the mood to cook (must be some nesting going on). So I am going to have a cooking day! I am planning to cook 5 different meals and hope to get at least two meals out of each! 10 meals total...maybe more depending on my mood!

Mexican Stroganoff
chicken packets (Kaleigh can't eat these, but they are one of Curtis' favorites from childhood)
Neat Sloppy Joes
Chicken Fried Rice
Italian meatballs

Kaleigh and I are going to gymnastics class in about an hour and then we will go to the grocery store! I am planning to cook during nap time because if I do it while Kaleigh is awake she will be stepping on my toes(literaly)the whole time!

No comments:

Post a Comment