Wednesday, March 17

Feeling like myself again!!

The pain is gone!! Praise God for doctors who listen and think about the well being of BOTH patients! Well I finally feel like myself again: I can think clearly, play with Kaleigh, able to have dinner ready for Curtis at night, able to get up in the morning NOT wishing that it was raining outside so it would be less painful, I can drive, and I am able to go outside and do things!!

I have a new OB to thank for that! She is in the same practice as the others I have been seeing, but till this week I had not had an appointment with her. She took interest in my concerns about taking narcotics and still being in pain.

She told me she was concerned that although the medicine I was last given has stopped the vomiting I am still down a pound from my starting weight (at this point the average person should have gained 10lb and a 1 lb a week from here on out). She was also concerned that my blood pressure was on the higher side because of the pain of the migraine! I would have thought that they would have worried about this earlier but oh well...at least I am better now.

I have been put on a medication called Midrin (I was on the same thing with Kaleigh) it is a class C medication, meaning not enough research to determine safe during pregnancy or not. She brought in 7 different books to find all the information about the medication, after reading the research they have on Midrin and me being in the middle of my second trimester she decided there was no risk to the baby! She even went further and said that at this point most medications are safe to take during pregnancy, but they are still cautious about what pregnant women are on.


So my appointment was Monday, I took the medication Tuesday morning and the migraine disappeared! I know it will come back but I can not express how happy I am to NOT feel high on painkillers and pain free!

I will be asking to only see this lady from here on out!! Only took half the pregnancy to find a person I like :)!

I am not sure if I will continue the accupuncture because after my last appointment Saturday the migraines got WORSE not better! Maybe I will wait and give the medication time to see if it works and then go back?


Oh I am 20 weeks today!!!! Happy Half way to me! I think in the next couple weeks we will start to think about decorating the babies room! All neutral as we don't know the sex :)

No comments:

Post a Comment